Tuesday, June 8, 2010

South Carolina Helmet Law - Just My Opinion

Well today the South Carolina Supreme Court has ruled that Myrtle Beach Helmet Law is unconstitutional and that not county can make state law.

In a sense it's a victory for us as motorcyclist with us being able to make own choices and decisions to wear a helmet or not but on the other hand is it a real victory?  When I had my motorcycle accident in Myrtle Beach approximately 4-5 years ago you didn't have to have a helmet but thank God I had enough sense to even have on a German helmet(which was someone else's helmet) because I didn't bring my helmet since you didn't need to have one.

When I got hit my head hit the lamp post and I only ended up with a slight concussion amongst a fracture foot, road rash and third degree burns on my foot because I didn't have on the proper foot gear(that will be a whole other topic of discussion riding gear later;).

But the point being your head is an egg shell against the concrete whether the county of Myrtle Beach is doing to be spiteful or not I think it is a good law to make people where helmets for our own safety.

Your opinions and views are welcome.  Let's talk about it.

 

1 comment:

  1. Whatever their motive is in Myrtle Beach I say just wear the helmet. Your head is a eggshell bottom line.

    ReplyDelete