Saturday, June 12, 2010

Relationships and Riding

As a woman rider I find it difficult to maintain a decent relationship definitely in the summer months because most men (who don't ride) don't understand what it means to ride.  They don't understand what's it's like to pull on the throttle and hear the pipes roar and to feel the motorcycle between your legs and to just be able to go.  They constantly think about who you are riding with (men), who your are talking with (men) and not taking the time to understand.

Men always want us women to understand them and their hobbies, so why is it that they can't understand our hobby.  When I'm on my chick (yes she's a girl) I'm not thinking about no man I'm riding with or talking with, they may have other ideas (as men do) but my mind is on the ride the thrill the excitement.

Men have different insecurities than women as I do understand the whole territory thing and afraid someone is going to come into their back yard since they are always in someone's back yard but you have to trust and understand that most women who ride, ride because we love to ride not get into a relationship.

Has any other women experienced this if so please feel free to share your experience, advice and opinions and men if you can help to enlighten the situation please do speak on it.

P.S. And not I'm not going to encourage him to ride, this is my world and I feel people should remain individuals and enjoy their own hobbies. 

2 comments:

  1. Well I'm a woman rider and all I can say is enjoy the ride if he doesn't understand your love and your passion then oh well maybe it's time for him to keep it moving or maybe just find a man who loves to ride just as much as you do.

    Yes men are strange creatures but you gotta love them and their way of thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl don't worry about it men come a dime a dozen. Just ride just ride. Him gonna be alright. Holla

    ReplyDelete